Carbopree® CFRP for structural reinforcement rods belong to a line of products made of carbon fiber and vinylester resin.
Product’s surface is covered with sand and a spiraling which considerably improves the bonding grip. Then, they are characterized by a very high resistance to longitudinal traction and a low specific weight.
The high tensile strength of carbon in relation to its specific weight also allows to produce rods with a smaller diameter and much lighter than steel, maintaining the same performances. They are therefore easier to handle on jobsite, with considerable saving of time and cost of installation, as well as transport costs.
Carbopree ® rods are also characterized by an incomparable durability: they are not subject to corrosion by their nature and can therefore be used without any expensive protections or anti-corrosion treatments.
Carbopree® laminates are used for external flexural reinforcement of reinforced concrete structures and for reinforcement of columns subject to both flexural and axial loads.
WHY TO USE CARBON FIBER FOR CONSTRUCTION?
- FRP systems are used in all those structures that need to be reinforced as a consequence of deterioration, errors in design or construction, change in use, seismic upgradation.
- Composite profiles are essentially reinforcing elements of concrete and provide strength where this latter is weak in tension.
- CFRP profiles can be used for the flexural reinforcement of beams or, if applied on the sides of the same, as shear reinforcement.
- If wrapped around columns, they allow their confinement and increase the ductility of the same (primary problem in seismic upgradation).
- In addition, reinforced concrete or masonry structures can be strengthened to better resist wind or seismic loads; reinforced concrete pipes can be coated with FRP to resist higher internal pressures; silos and tanks can be reinforced to withstand higher pressures.
Carbopree® CFRP for structural reinforcement are made in complete sizes and sections (5 – 12,5 mm). Carbopree Series has a smooth side (side to be bonded onto the structure) and a side covered with quartz sand in order to offer a better adhesion to the finishing materials applied to the laminate itself. All these products are impregnated with vinyl ester resin that ensures high durability.
Sireg Carbon FRP are supplied in straight pieces or bent according the requirements.
In addition, reinforced concrete or existing masonry structures can be strengthened to better resist wind or seismic loads; reinforced concrete pipes can be coated with FRP to resist higher internal pressures; silos and tanks can be reinforced to withstand higher pressures.
Sireg Repairs product.