Durvinil® TAM pipe for injections of cement based mixes into the ground is a sleeved pipe for grouting.
It is smooth tube with spaced ports (standard spacing is 330 or 500mm). These perforations are covered by rubber sleeves, also called “manchette”, which act as non-return valves.
The injection can be carried out individually and repeatedly placing a double packer placed close to the manchettes.
The grouting technique by means of sleeved grouting pipes offers various benefits such as:
- injections can be carried out in various stages (IRS Grouting Injections)
- different mixtures can be injected for each grouting stage
- accurate treatment of the soil: the sleeves are mounted on the pipes according to the customers’ requirements
- possibility to repeat the injection at a later stage, using the same pipes already installed in the soil
The injection treatments through sleeved grouting pipes are required in the following cases:
- Strengthening of foundations, which may be needed due to increased structural load, restoration of ancient buildings or the creation of underground spaces below them.
- Large excavation pits and earthworks, in order to waterproof or consolidate, as an alternative or in addition to diaphragm walls and sheet piles.
- Dam construction, which require waterproofing of foundation soil as well as of the abutments
- Tunnel construction, where injections can be carried out sub horizontally (umbrella method), from road level in case of shallow tunnels, from a side tunnel in case of two parallel tunnels, from pilot tunnel (radial grouting method)
- Ground anchors, where the sleeved grouting pipe allows to carry out first the primary injection followed by a high pressure injection, granting a perfect cementation of the anchors in the bond length.
- Compensation grouting, which is carried out in order to create a strengthened / consolidated area between the foundations of existing building and the soil below, in order to avoid settlements due to excavation of tunnel or huge underground spaces.
- MPSP Technique
TAM pipe for injections